The Six Golden Rules of Marketing an Expert Witness Practice
Excerpted from the SEAK text: How to Market Your Expert Witness Practice: EVIDENCE-BASED BEST PRACTICES
By: Alex Babitsky
• Nobody can tell you with certainty how effective any technique will be in marketing your expert witness practice.
– What works for other experts may not work for you and vice versa.
– There are no hard formulas for marketing. It’s not an exact science.
• Try different techniques and see what works best for you.
– Testing involves not just trying new techniques, but tweaking existing ones.
• Track your results.
– In every case, press counsel for precise information on how she found you.
• Be patient and persistent.
– Marketing techniques often take time to pay off.
– Do not quit too early.
• Repeat what works for you, discontinue what doesn’t.
– Be open to trying new methods as technology evolves.
• Find the time necessary to devote to business development.
– One of the biggest mistakes most experts make is not devoting sufficient time to business development.
– A small amount of time regularly devoted to business development can pay large dividends.